Australia’s largest military transport aircraft mobilised to deploy Vietnam's first contigent to a UN peacekeeping mission
Australia is proud to support the deployment of Vietnam's first contingent to a UN peacekeeping mission by providing Australia’s largest military transport aircraft C-17A Globemaster III to carry Vietnam’s peacekeepers and equipment to South Sudan. The C-17 aircraft left Ho Chi Minh City on 2 October 2018 and the second airlift, which transports the remaining military personnel and equipment, is expected to take place in two weeks. In total, the two airlifts will fly the 63 personnel and 64 tonnes of cargo needed to support the first military level 2 hospital’s deployment to South Sudan. Read more here
On 27 May 2018 Cao Lanh Bridge and its inter-connecting roads was officially opened. The Bridge will directly benefit more than 5 million people in the Mekong Delta region through improved access to markets and services in Vietnam. An estimated 170,000 people will cross the bridge each day thanks to the joint Australian Government, Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Vietnamese Government project. Read more here
Recognising that 2018 marks the 45th anniversary of diplomatic relations, Australia and Vietnam elevated the bilateral relationship to the level of a Strategic Partnership, on the occasion of the Official Visit to Australia by H.E. Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister of Viet Nam.
Read more here
On 17 January 2018, Australia and Vietnam marked the beginning of the 45th anniversary year of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
“Vietnam is one of Australia’s most important partners in the Indo-Pacific. Over the past 45 years our two countries have built a strong partnership which now encompasses political exchange, economic development, security cooperation and innovation collaboration,” said Australian Ambassador Mr Craig Chittick. Read more here
Latest media releases
- Australia assists Vietnam in fostering gender equality - 2 November 2018
- Ensuring gender equality promotion in the Revision of the Vietnam Labour Code – the key to enhanced competitiveness and sustainable development - 19 October 2018
- Australia’s largest military transport aircraft mobilised to deploy Vietnam's first Military Level 2 Field Hospital to South Sudan - 2 October 2018
- Launch of Vietnam Business Coalition for Women Empowerment - 27 September 2018
- Vietnam is one of the highest priority countries under the new Endeavour Leadership Program - 25 September 2018
- Australian Government to help Northwestern women improve their lives through tourism and agriculture - 24 July 2018
- Speaker of Australian House of Representatives to visit Vietnam this week - 23 July 2018
- Australian Embassy Hanoi: Applications for Direct Aid Program 2018-19 are now open - 26 June 2018
Below are the documents that must be submitted in response to LES vacancies. Applications will not be considered if they do not include the following:
- Application for LES Employment Template
- One to Two (1-2) Page Pitch (The statement of claims in the pitch template should address all selection criteria)
When submitting applications for vacancies at the Australian Embassy, please send materials in Word or PDF format only.
Status of current selection exercises
The following selection exercises are currently under way at the Australian Embassy Ha Noi. The status of these will be updated regularly.
|Closing date||Position title||Department||Status|
|3 September 2018||LE5 Events Manager and Public Diplomacy Officer||Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)||Ongoing|
|4 November 2018||LE5 Science Commercialisation Partnerships Manager||
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Temporary Employment Register
The Australian Embassy Ha Noi maintains a Temporary Employment Register (TER) which is open to candidates wanting to submit an expression of interest for temporary, non-ongoing employment at the Australian Embassy. The TER enables us to temporarily employ appropriately highly skilled, motivated and experienced individuals at short notice for short - term contracts.
Temporary Employment Register - Deadline for applications: Open
Call for service provision
- Communications Assistant - Closing date: 5:00pm (hanoi time) on 25 November, 2018.
- Taste of Australia Event Manager - Closing date: 5:00pm (hanoi time) on 30 November, 2018.
- None at this moment