Position: Taste of Australia Event Manager
The Embassy of Australia in Hanoi is looking for a professional and motivated individual for the position of Taste of Australia Event Manager for the Political and Strategic Communications Coordination Section.
About the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
Under direction from the First Secretary (Political), the position will support the organisation of a range of cultural events for Taste of Australia in 2020. Occurring annually in April/May, Taste of Australia is an annual celebration of Australian food and beverages and culture. The Taste of Australia Events Manager supports the whole events management process from the planning and budgeting stage, through to the promotion and successful running events, and preparation of post‑event evaluation and reporting. The role will build strong networks with key stakeholders, including cultural institutions, suppliers and partners.
The successful applicant will be engaged on a service-contracted hourly paid basis with a minimum of 25 hours per week. The number of hours required will increase leading up to Taste of Australia events. The rate of payment will be VND298,000 per hour and payment will be based on actual hours worked. Applicants should note that the position does not receive an entitlement to paid leave nor other financial benefit and that the contract period will be for a maximum of 5 months, commencing from February 2020.
Duties and responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
· Work within the Strategic Communications team to deliver a series of public events to promote Taste of Australia in Hanoi
· Plan, manage and coordinate details for Taste of Australia events, including timelines, venues, suppliers, budgets, permits and other event logistics
· Research venues, suppliers and contractors, and negotiate prices and hire arrangements
· Control and ensure expenses are in line with the budget and in accordance with Australian Government accounting practices
· Produce post-event evaluations and reports to inform future events
· Liaise with sponsors, event partners and other stakeholders, and manage their participation in events
· Arrange drafting and signature of thank you letters to sponsors
You will need to have:
· Qualifications in event management, public relations, media or related field is an advantage
· Demonstrated experience planning, managing and executing events, and proven ability to manage supplier contracts and a strict budget
· Excellent organisational and time management skills, high attention to detail, and the proven ability to work under pressure
· Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and a demonstrated ability to cultivate strong professional networks.
· Creative, proactive and innovative approach to problem-solving
· Demonstrated high level written and verbal English and Vietnamese language skills
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position must include:
· A written statement outlining the applicant’s abilities and directly addressing the requirements of the position (no more than 600 words typed);
· A curriculum vitae (no more than two pages typed); and
· Details of two referees who may be contacted if necessary.
Applications should be e-mailed in one file in Microsoft Word or PDF formats email@example.com by 5:00pm (Hanoi Time) on 30 November, 2019.
Late applications will not be considered.
If you have not been requested to attend an interview within four weeks from the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted