AusAid – World Bank annouces winners of Grants for Invovative Learning Programs
The Vietnam Blended Learning Program, sponsored by the Australian Government’s Aid Program (AusAID) and managed by the World Bank Vietnam Development Information Center (VDIC), will award five grants worth for the implementation of five innovative
The grants aim to support Vietnamese local institutions’ use of innovative learning methodology in their education and training programs.
The five winning organisations and their projects are:
- Pasteur Institute Ho Chi Minh City – ‘Building Capacity for Blended Learning and Knowledge Sharing for Dengue Surveillance and Control’
- VinaCapital Foundation – ‘Vietnam Neonatal Tele-Education and Training Initiatives’
- Institute of Energy Science – ‘Training Program on Renewable Energy Potential and Carbon Offset opportunities for Agriculture and Forestry Development in Vietnam’
- National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology – ‘Capacity Building for Blended Learning on Cholera Surveillance and Control’
- Vietnam Cleaner Production Center – ‘Interactive Cleaner Production – Sustainable Product
- Innovation Training and Consultancy E - Platform’
All these projects are expected to support training and career development for 100 Small and Medium Enterprises, 108 trainers and 797 specialists and officers in the health and environmental areas.
The projects will make use of new technologies, including web-based and mobile learning technologies, and are expected to help learners successfully prepare for future challenges, when Vietnam integrates more deeply into the world’s economy.
“We are honored to receive grants from the AusAID – World Bank program. We strongly believe that our pool of expertise will be enhanced through the project’s implementation to ensure best effects to the targeted beneficiaries”, shared Doan Van Binh, Vice Director, Institute of Energy Science, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
The five winning projects, chosen among 55 innovative entries from social organizations, non-governmental organizations, schools and universities, private companies and local training agencies, will start the first activities from early March 2013.
This is the sixth time AusAID and the World Bank award grants for local institutions through the Vietnam Blended Learning Program.
World Bank contact: Ms. Nguyen Hoai Linh, e-mail: email@example.com, Tel: +84-4-3934 6600 ext 704
AusAID contact: Ms. Nguyen Thu Hang, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: + 84-4-3774 0171