Visas and Migration
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) at the Australian Embassy in Hanoi and the Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City processes most visa applications and some citizenship applications for residents of Vietnam and Laos. The information in this website is meant as supplementary, country specific information to that contained in the main DIBP website - www.border.gov.au.
Notice to all Visa Applicants
Please lodge your visa application well before your intended date of travel, see: Application processing times. Requests for urgent processing of visa applications will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and on a case by case basis.
You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
- Important changes to the student visa programme – from 1 July 2016
- Longer Visitor Visas for eligible applicants – from 1 July 2016
- Online visa lodgement
- Biometrics Collection for Visa Applicants in Vietnam
- Application processing times
- Tuberculosis (TB) warning for international students
- myVEVO - a new mobile app to check your Australian visa work rights, study rights, travel conditions and expiry date
- Current scams you should be aware of – migration fraud
Fees & Application Forms
The current fee and application form for visas is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website. Fees and Charges
Visa and Citizenship Options
- Find a Visa - Australian Visa Wizard
- Temporary Work
- Skilled Work
- Family Migrants
- Returning Residents
- Where to Apply
- Document Checklists
- After you apply
- Fees and Charges
- Application Processing Times
- Australia's Health Requirements
- Visa labels
- Migration fraud
- Contact us
Client Service Survey
In order to assess the quality of our client service, we are conducting a survey to encourage continual improvement in the services we offer to our clients. You can access the survey here: Hanoi Client Satisfaction Survey.
Last updated 1 July 2016