The Embassy of Australia in Hanoi is looking for suitably qualified candidates for the Locally Engaged Staff (LES) position of LE4 Administrative Assistant/Project Officer within the Australian Federal Police (AFP).
The position reports directly to the Senior Liaison Officer, AFP and takes responsibilities for managing the AFP projects and programs; coordinating input into AFP communications and provides administrative support to the Senior Liaison Officer.
Applicants should possess eligibility and willingness to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance. Applicants are required to demonstrate project management skills, ability to work effectively in a small diverse team and ability to maintain and develop required technical knowledge and skills. Background in law enforcement would be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position must include:
- A written statement outlining the applicant’s abilities and directly addressing the requirements of the position (no more than two pages typed);
- A curriculum vitae (no more than two pages typed); and
- Details of two referees who may be contacted if necessary.
Applications should be emailed as a single file in Microsoft Word or PDF formats only to email@example.com by 5:00pm (Hanoi Time) on 28 July 2017.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Manage the Asia Region Law Enforcement Management Program (ARLEMP) and other AFP programs:
- liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- budget and financial management
- provision of logistical support
- reporting on the programs.
· Promote the ARLEMP alumni network within the AFP’s International Network
· Draft and coordinate AFP input to post’s social media channels, local media, intranets, and other communiqué
· Conduct research and analysis to prepare executive briefs, minutes, presentations and funding proposals
· Develop and maintain relationships with AFP partner agencies
· Coordinate the transfer and dissemination of information between Australian law enforcement agencies and AFP partner agencies
· Represent the AFP in meetings, briefings and conferences
· Manage the AFP’s Hanoi inbox, monitor tasks from the AFP in Australia and under general direction, action assigned tasks
· Maintain the AFP Assets Register and Gift Register. Manage the procurement processes
· Manage the records management function for the section
· Provide administrative support to the Senior Liaison Officer
· Assist with the coordination of official visits by AFP delegations and other Government agencies.
- Possession of or eligibility and willingness to obtain an Australian National Security Clearance
- Fluency in English language skills with technical knowledge
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a small diverse team environment
- Ability and willingness to maintain and further develop required technical knowledge and skills
- Background in law enforcement highly desirable
- Vietnamese language skills desirable
- Knowledge of AFP governance and PROMIS advantageous
THE AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER