The Embassy of Australia in Hanoi is approaching final year students, recent university and college graduates to fill intern positions, as they become available, in various sections within the Embassy.
Internships at the Embassy of Australia are voluntary, non-remunerated positions which provide an opportunity for interns to gain work experience and develop their skills and knowledge for a specific career. Interns are not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship.
Expatriate internships at the Embassy of Australia are conditional on the relevant authorities in Vietnam granting permission to enter and remain for the placement in Vietnam.
The Intern positions are located at the Embassy of Australia, 8 Dao Tan, Ba Dinh, Hanoi with a maximum placement of 3 months.
The successful applicants will perform the following duties:
- Provide general administrative and logistics support for the office, functions and events;
- Assist officers in conducting basic research and preparing reports on related issues;
- Assist with arranging appointments and official visits as required; and
- Perform translations and interpretations as necessary.
Required qualification and Skills
- Final year student or a recent university or college graduate with a degree in one of the following majors: international relations, international laws, foreign trade, public affairs, journalism, communications or agriculture;
- High competency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Effective organisational skills;
- Good communication skills in English and Vietnamese;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Attention to detail; and
- Willingness to learn new skills.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest of no more than 1 page specifying your suitability for the internship as well as an updated CV to email@example.com, by 5:00pm (Hanoi Time) 16 March, 2018.
THE EMBASSY OF AUSTRALIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER