- General information
- Fees and charges
- Quick links
The Temporary activity visa (subclass 408) would be for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:
- work in the entertainment industry
- participate in a non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation
- observe or participate as an academic in a research project
- undertake full-time religious work
- participate in a special programme to enhance international relations and cultural exchange
- participate in high-level sports (including training)
- work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement
- participate in an Australian government endorsed event
- work as a superyacht crew member
- undertake full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives.
If you are applying to participate in non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation, your application will be processed at the Australian Embassy in Hanoi.
All other applications for the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) are processed in Australia. For further information, please contact the relevant processing office. See: Contact us.
You can also make an enquiry online using our General Enquiries Form.
Fees and charges
A list of current fees and charges for a Visitor visa is available at the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
See: Fees and charges
Last updated 17 March 2017