Online Visa Lodgement
Citizens of Vietnam are eligible to apply online for the following visa types:
- Visitor visa (Tourist or Business streams)*: Subclass 600
- Student visas: Subclass 500 and 590 – mandatory online lodgement from 1 July 2016
- Partner visas*: Subclass 300 and 309
- Resident return visa (RRV)*: Subclass 155 and 157
- Citizenship by Descent*
- Temporary Work: Subclass 400 – mandatory online lodgement from 19 November 2016
- Temporary Activity: Subclass 408 Invited Participant - mandatory online lodgement from 19 November 2016
Temporary Work*: Subclass 403
*Paper applications continue to be accepted for these subclasses
If you do not have an ImmiAccount, you will be prompted to create one. You can use your account to:
- continue a saved application
- attach documents - including after lodgement of the application
- check the progress of your application.
What is ImmiAccount?
ImmiAccount is a single point of entry into our online visa service that will let you create, submit, pay for and manage all online visa applications in one place. It will connect you to all online services managed by us, including My Health Declarations, Visa Finder, Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO), and the Pricing Estimator. ImmiAccount accepts all online applications except for Electronic Travel Authority (ETA).
Who can Access ImmiAccount?
Anyone can access and create an ImmiAccount to submit and manage visa applications online. This includes any of the following individual visa applicants (whether you are in Australia or outside of Australia)
- a family member acting on behalf of the applicant
- a friend of the applicant
- a person appointed by the applicant to assist with the application process
- a representative of the employer or potential employer of the applicant, including a sponsoring or nominating employer
- a representative of an organisation running an activity in which the applicant will participate during their visit
- authorised recipient.
What documents should I provide?
Please check the relevant local document checklist prior to lodging online and ensure you scan and upload them at the time of application to avoid delays. Where original documents are mentioned, provide scanned copies in their place. The case officer will contact you if they still need to see the original.
NOTE: a decision may be made solely on the information that you provide with your application at time of lodgement and failure to do so might result in visa refusal.
Should I still send or email my documents to the visa office?
Once the online application is complete and all supporting documentation has been attached, please do not send hard copies of documents, email documents or contact the processing office in Vietnam to ask if the documents have been received. This takes time away from processing and may cause delays to the outcome of your visa application.
For processing times, please see: Application processing times
Where do I find help?
NOTE: when completing your online application you must not copy and paste bullet points, numbering, accents and other special symbols from formatted documents, into the free text fields. Only use numbers 0 – 9 and letters A – Z (upper and lower case), dashes '-' and underscores '_'. Please type the letters in your passport number in UPPERCASE.
What do I do if I am having technical issues with the system?
If you encounter technical problems with ImmiAccount,for example, the system freezes or won’t let you complete the relevant fields, please do not contact the office in Vietnam. Please contact the systems help desk using the ImmiAccount Technical Support Form.
Last updated 28 June 2017