The Embassy of Australia in Hanoi is looking for a highly professional and motivated individual for the position of Executive Assistant to the Ambassador.
The position reports directly to the Ambassador and manages the day to day operations of the Ambassador’s Office by providing effective executive and administrative support.
Applicants should have previous experience working in a similar role in a Diplomatic mission or an international organisation. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, strong computer skills, and a demonstrated ability to proactively coordinate and prioritise the needs of the Ambassadors office.
The successful applicant will be employed on a full-time basis for an initial period of 12 months. The monthly gross salary will be between VND30,700,000 and VND36,500,000 depending on skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position must include:
- A written statement outlining the applicant’s abilities and directly addressing the requirements of the position (no more than two pages typed);
- A curriculum vitae (no more than two pages typed); and
- Details of two referees who may be contacted if necessary.
Applications should be emailed as a single file in Microsoft Word or PDF formats only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm (Hanoi Time) on 15 March 2017.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Executive Assistant to the Ambassador (HOM) will manage the HOM’s office and perform a wide range of administrative functions.
The key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage HOMs diary, arrange and coordinate all telephone calls, appointments and official engagements for the HOM in consultation with the relevant Embassy section and drivers as required;
- Prepare guest lists, invitations, place cards etc. for official events, maintain the relevant contact database and liaise with HOMDOM as required;
- Prepare the representation fund return for the HOM;
- Coordinate HOM travel arrangements and arrange briefing as necessary;
- Liaise with various Embassy sections, attached agencies and host-government counterparts as required;
- Provide translation and interpretation services.
- BA in business administration, or in relevant fields;
- Experience working in diplomatic missions and international working environment is preferred; and
- Excellent computer skills;
- Substantial practical experience in similar position;
- Ability to work proactively, take initiative, coordinate and prioritize among multiple simultaneous assignments;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrate extreme flexibility to duties and responsibilities;
- Attention to detail and good sense of sensitivity, confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal and strong team spirit; and
- Fluent both in written and spoken English.
THE AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER