The Embassy of Australia in Hanoi is looking for qualified individual for the position of Senior Political Officer for Political and Strategic Communications Section.
The position reports directly to the Second Secretary, Political to perform wide range of research, analysis and reporting related to domestic politics and human rights in Vietnam.
Applicants should have previous experience working in a similar role in an international organisation. This position requires ability to work discretely on sensitive political issues, experience in conducting research, analysis and preparing high-quality written reports on political issues, excellent verbal and written communication in a cross-cultural context, networking and negotiation skill, demonstrate capacity to work independently and as part of a team, sound judgement and the capacity to think strategically.
The successful applicant will be employed on a full-time basis for an initial period of 12 months. The monthly gross salary will be between VND39,500,000 and VND46,600,000 depending on skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position must include:
- A written statement outlining the applicant’s abilities and directly addressing the requirements of the position (no more than two pages typed);
- A curriculum vitae (no more than two pages typed); and
- Details of two referees who may be contacted if necessary.
Applications should be emailed as a single file in Microsoft Word or PDF formats only to email@example.com by 5:00pm (Hanoi Time) on 28 April 2017.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide and continue to develop a high level of expertise on domestic political and human rights issues, and other issues as required.
- Identify and follow emerging political and human rights issues, and keep supervisor informed of developments.
- Identify political issues requiring research and analysis and, in consultation with supervisor, conduct research and prepare high-quality written reports.
- Build and maintain an extensive network of contacts within the Vietnamese Government, the Communist Party of Vietnam, civil society, media, academia and other organisations as required.
- Draft to a high standard official notes, briefs and correspondence on political issues.
- Maintain detailed records of human rights and domestic political developments.
- Prepare and maintain factsheets on the organization, operation and key personnel of Vietnamese official institutions including the Government, Party and National Assembly;
- Prepare and manage programs for visiting Australian Ministers and senior officials, as required.
- Provide high-level interpreting and translation services as required.
- Identify strategic communications opportunities in the area of responsibility and work with the Strategic Communications team to deliver appropriate Strategic Communications outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of domestic political and human rights issues;
- Ability to work discretely on sensitive political issues;
- Experience in conducting research, analysis and preparing high-quality written reports on political issues;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in a cross-cultural context (in both English and Vietnamese), including high-level interpretation, policy dialogue, networking and negotiation skills; and
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as part of a team and to meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment;
- Sound judgement and the capacity to think strategically.
THE AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER