Procurement and Property Officer
The Embassy of Australia in Hanoi is looking for a professional and motivated individual for the position of Procurement and Property Officer to the Corporate Management Section.
The position reports directly to the Senior Property Officer (Residential); assists with managing the Head of Mission residence and provides support to the property team in the management of procurement for the Embassy. This position is also the alternate cashier.
Applicants should have previous experience working in a similar role in an international organisation. This position requires excellent communications and interpersonal skills, strong administrative and computer skills. Demonstrated ability to undertake financial management tasks would be an attribute.
The successful applicant will be employed on a full-time basis for an initial period of 12 months. The monthly gross salary will be between VND25,900,000 and VND29,450,000 depending on skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position must include:
- A written statement outlining the applicant’s abilities and directly addressing the requirements of the position (no more than two pages typed);
- A curriculum vitae (no more than two pages typed); and
- Details of two referees who may be contacted if necessary.
Applications should be emailed as a single file in Microsoft Word or PDF formats only to email@example.com by 5:00pm (Hanoi Time) on 16 June 2017.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The key responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Procure routine office supplies and consumables for the Embassy, Residential Compound and HOM Residence, ensuring appropriate approvals are sought and the correct procurement process is followed;
- Ensure the maintenance of furniture, fittings, plant and equipment in HOM residence;
- Liaise with service providers to action ad-hoc and unplanned maintenance requests for the HOM Residence;
- Liaise with Diplomatic Services Bureau (landlord) regarding matters pertaining to the lessor’s responsibilities throughout the tenancy;
- Provide advice on the additional installation of plant and equipment, as well as furniture and fittings to ensure the HOM Residence meets DFAT’s requirements;
- Maintain the inventory of assets, property and plant and equipment at the HOM residence;
- Assist the Senior Property Officer (Residential) to facilitate customs clearance of Embassy consignments;
- Ensure all projects managed by the property team are in compliance with the departments Work Health and Safety (WHS) policies and procedures;
- Perform secretariat functions for the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Committee, including the maintenance of the Embassy WHS Risk Register to ensure corrective actions are completed by those responsible;
- Perform the functions of the cashier during periods of annual leave; and
- Any other tasks as directed by post management.
- Qualification or demonstrated experience in business administration, or in related field;
- Ability to solve problems, be flexible and adapt to new tasks and situations as required;
- Excellent bilingual communications skills (Vietnamese and English);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in small team;
- Strong administrative and computer skills including demonstrated experience in procurement and purchasing; and undertaking financial management tasks.
THE EMBASSY OF AUSTRALIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER