The Australian Embassy in Hanoi and the Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City receive a significant amount of correspondence each day and while we aim respond to all communication in a timely manner, please read the information contained on this website before making contact with us.
Please note, we aim to decide 75 per cent of visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category.
See: Processing times
See: Visa Labels
Still Need More Information?
For all visa and citizenship enquiries and enquiries related to lodging visa applications and visa requirements please contact the VFS Global helpline in Vietnam at:
- Telephone: 1900 565 639 (local call cost) or +84 28 3521 2000 (from overseas)
- Email: email@example.com
The Australian Immigration offices in Vietnam have an arrangement with VFS Global to receive visa applications at the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC). For more details, please see the VFS Global website.
Useful email addresses:
- For general visa and citizenship enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For enquiries related to visa applications being processed by the Home Affairs office in Ho Chi Minh City: email@example.com
For enquiries related to visa applications being processed by the Home Affairs office in Hanoi: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: if you are seeking an update on the status of your visa application and it is within advertised processing times, you will not receive a response to your email.
- For queries related to ImmiAccount and online lodgement issues: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi/immiaccount-technical-support-form
- For queries related to eLodged Resident Return visas: email@example.com
The Department of Home Affairs is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 not to disclose any information related to applications to any person other than the applicant, authorised persons or authorised agents. If you are not one of the above mentioned people, we are prohibited from releasing specific information about the application to you. If you wish to be an authorised person, please complete form 956.
Last updated 8 January 2018