The Australian Embassy in Hanoi is seeking applications for the Locally Engaged Staff (LES) position of Country Manager, Vietnam for the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR). The successful applicant will initially be employed on a full-time contract for a period of 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
The Country Manager, reporting directly to the General Manager, Country Programs (GM) based in Canberra, will lead the country office team in Vietnam.
The position will be at the Classification of LE7 with a starting monthly gross salary of VND 53,400,000.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should address the selection criteria in no more than two-page statement and provide a brief resume of no more than three-page with details of two referees. No further supporting documents are required with the application. Applications should be e-mailed in one file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm (Hanoi Time) on 30 July, 2015.
Late applications or applications without a selection criteria statement will not be considered.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the following attributes:
- A sound understanding of the agricultural problems, priorities and research capacity in Vietnam.
- Evidence of having worked successfully with research and extension providers in developing countries. The ability to develop knowledge of the research, government, university, private sector and NGO institutional infrastructure in Vietnam.
- The ability to develop and maintain an extensive range of senior level contacts with the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sector in Vietnam.
- Evidence of capacity to provide high quality input to the ACIAR program development and project delivery cycle. This includes identification, development, appraisal, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects.
- Superior oral and written communication skills for preparation of reports and correspondence for the Embassy, ACIAR in Canberra and stakeholders. The ability to prepare concise, accurate and factual reports on all matters associated with ACIAR’s program, policy and procedures in the partner country.
- Experience and skills in program administrative work and in managing a team of diverse professional in an international environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and to exercise independent judgment.
THE AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACIAR Country Manager, Hanoi
Position Number: TBA
Title: Country Manager
Reports to (title): General Manager, Country Programs, ACIAR (Canberra)
About the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
ACIAR's office in Hanoi has the responsibilities for the effective delivery of the ACIAR program in Vietnam. The office provides support to ACIAR-managed collaborative research and development partnerships through liaison, coordination, representation and administrative activities.
ACIAR has a small team of local personnel (Locally Engaged Staff - LES) as part of the team to manage ACIAR's program in Vietnam. The office manages key government relationships with Vietnamese research agencies, key donor relationships and interacts with ACIAR research program managers and commissioned and collaborating research organisations.
ACIAR’s headquarters are located in Canberra, Australia with eight regional/country offices in the Asia-Pacific region and Africa. Further information on our current projects, programs and priorities can be found on our website at http://aciar.gov.au
About the position
Under broad direction from the General Manager Country Program (GMCP) in Canberra, the Country Manager (CM) leads the office team in Vietnam which facilitates the in-country elements of the ACIAR project cycle, contributes to country strategies, networks with stakeholders, contributes to the Australian Government whole of government approach at Post and communicates ACIAR project and program results.
The key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain the Vietnam strategies and operational plan;
• Provide advice and support to ACIAR staff in Hanoi to develop and maintain the country programs;
• Provide specialist advice and contribute to the design of projects; provide continuous guidance and contribute to risk management;
• Monitor, analyse and report on emerging issues;
• Facilitate the preparation and signing by relevant Government representatives of key project documents;
• Initiate, establish and maintain strong partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders;
• Manage in-country public affairs; contribute to media releases and cables, update website content and liaise with media;
• Contribute to the preparation Annual Strategy Refresh and the Annual Operational Plan;
• Manage the ACIAR office including post budgets and asset management, office personnel issues, compliance and work health and safety;
• Manage visits by ACIAR staff, the Commission and the Policy Advisory Committee; and
• Provide support to cross-sectoral training seminars and workshops.
• Tertiary and post-graduate qualifications (or equivalent experience), preferably in agriculture or a related field; and
• Desirable - minimum least five years’ relevant experience in program/project management.